The NVQ is desined to help busy skilled workers achieve nationally recognised qualifications with the minimum disruption to their normal job. The only real "testing" involves our NVQ assessor watching you do your normal job. This is called OSAT which stands for On-site Assessment and Training.
Flooring Assessments provide the following guidance:
• Guide you through the paperwork
• Arrange for the funding for candidates that qualify for Government help (in reality almost all candidates will qualify)
• Arrange Health & Safety Tests
• Visit candidates on site or at their place of work
• Carry out on-site assessments
• Conduct professional discussions to assess knowledge levels \
• Organise further training if required (at extra cost) If candidates gain funding the only additional cost (excluding any further training that might be required) once qualified is £17.50 for the Health & Safety Test and £25.00 for the CSCS card.
All NVQ qualifications do require a CAA Health & Safety touch screen test, for more details visit the Construction Skills web site where you can to book the operatives test online.
Our assessor then reviews your working practices and gathers evidence to meet the national standard performance criteria. If there are no problems with your work or the way you work, then you will be assessed as competent in the areas of work that the assessor has witnessed
CSCS Card Applications
The CSCS card scheme is designed to make working sites safer and working standards higher by having each operative carry a card that identifies their skill level. Many sites and contractors will now only use fitters with CSCS cards for safety and quality purposes.
The CSCS card is fast becoming to floor fitters what CORGI is to plumbers. To get a CSCS card for flooring, the minimum requirement is completion of the "touch screen health & safety test" and register for an NVQ Qualification at Level 2 in Floor Covering Occupations. If you already have a health & safety certificate you may not need the new test. Check the CSCS web site if in doubt.